Monday, June 3, 2013

The First Post is Always the Hardest

Well, it is currently 1:10 AM as I begin writing my first blog post... Ever, really...

It's interesting how I've sort of joined a new journey of technological self-discovery via my iPhone thanks to my recent uses of twitter (which before yesterday I had only posted on once a month) and Instagram which I joined in an effort to seek out the world I had so readily shucked off, like a coat that had grown too hot and heavy as I walked the desert and now long for as the night grows cold around me. So, this blog will serve as my notepad for all of my own works, this will include poetry, essays, speeches, short stories, fan fictions, original stories, and anything else I deem worthy of public view.

Through this blog I hope to open up my writing to a much larger audience, a more diverse critic source, and of course to simply push myself to write more frequently and regularly. I hope to be able to post more than haikus when the time comes that I actually post, but I believe, with some discipline,   I will be able to push myself to posting chapters and epics in the near future. Who knows? Maybe this will lead to a publisher.

So, before I take my leave and try to get some sleep (however much my headache will allow) I will leave you with a poem I wrote a while back which I am very confused by, I wrote it to see how many lines I could rhyme in a rhyme scheme based off of: "A, A, A, A, B, B, B, B, ...". I don't know how I feel about it, but people seemed to like it, even if it has no real inner meaning to me.

I call it.

Mindless Midnight Mutterings

Of fairly written words I write
Are never spoken or seen recite
As if to shun my ears in spite
I simply must sigh and go into the night

Problems arise as though they should
Liken burial shroud or priestly hood
If ever one answer fit I would
Surely ceasing to be a problem should

On larks wings I place these queries
In hopes of returns and solid theories
To ease me of these numerous wearies
And end this poem in this series

I pushed it as far as I ever have
To see what could be given salve
Those problems that exist halve
And become ever more uncertain paths

Written upon this electronic stone
Here shall I ever sit and groan
As my soul will always be on loan
I know I'll never be truly alone

Yet here the world sees me bide
As I lay here quietly on my side
Looking upon the expanse so wide
Ever waiting for that solemn chide

A lovely world created for me
One that only I will get to see
As if I were meant to always be
That boy who defied destiny.

Writing, writing, writing and more
Never looking towards the door,
Yet beyond the window I see the shore
And yet I never hear the waves' roar

In my bravest moment I sit and cower
Tasting the sweets long gone sour
Sitting up here alone in my tower
All I can do is groan and glower

How I wish I could set my own sail
Taking to the sea by way of whale
Never knowing if I shall succeed or fail
For now I shall begin the close of my tale

Letters of black and lines of white
Parchment holding my heart tonight
Won't you bring my wish to light
And grant me that joyous gift of sight

Cradled in my tiny bed
Pillows hold my sleepy head
Dream of worlds never bred
I remember words never said

Hopefully you enjoyed that, and if you did, subscribe to the blog or write a comment about what you think of the blog! Oh, and this doesn't count as the post for this week, so make sure to check back for a new, original, authentic Jeremy Graue post!

- Graue

No comments:

Post a Comment